We aim to provide a first class service to all our clients so for the avoidance of doubt, these are our General Terms of Business. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any particular concerns or special circumstances you’d like to discuss.
The Southport Carpet Centre Ltd : General Terms of Business
- Prior to installation all areas to be worked should be as clear of furniture as possible but arrangements can be made to provide furniture assistance at an agreed extra cost.
- Existing carpets or flooring in the area where the new carpet or flooring is to be laid must be removed by the customer, otherwise a small charge will be made to uplift them.
- We are classed as a commercial waste producer and so have to have a licence and pay by weight for the disposal of old carpet/flooring and other waste produced. If removal from ‘site’ and disposal of old carpets is required this service is available at an agreed extra cost.
- All carpets are subject to flattening or bedding down of the pile in use and so we advise that a rug or offcut (which we can have edged for you) is placed in front of any area where people sit watching television to avoid excessive wear.
- Should your carpet require re-stretching at any time please contact us and we will send a fitter out at the earliest opportunity. A small callout charge will be made to cover the fitter’s expenses but if the carpet requires re-stretching within the first three months of installation there is no charge.
- No responsibility will be accepted for any installation or product initially laid by us but then removed by anyone other than our own carpet installers.
- When carpets and particularly wooden or laminated flooring are installed some doors and Kitchen or bedroom unit kickboards may require easing. This work is not included in the price for the materials but once they are found to require easing (something we cannot always foresee), we can organise a reasonable, qualified joiner to call out and trim and re-hang doors for a small callout fee /extra charge which can be paid directly to the recommended joiner once completed.
- No responsibility can be accepted for damage to underfloor services unless they are clearly marked for the fitter to see prior to installation.
- Subfloors should be dust free and dry before any installation is undertaken. Where a subfloor is found to be uneven we would strongly recommend the subfloor is either screeded or ply boarded out which we can undertake for you.
- A charge will be made if heavy appliances are to be moved out but we cannot be responsible for leakage, repair or breakage incurred in any such movement. If there is any doubt about movement of an appliance we strongly advise moving the appliance out in advance by a professional tradesman or plumber /electrician before we lay any material. This is particularly important where gas connections are concerned and we will not disconnect or reconnect any gas appliances or water services to utilities.
CANCELLATION AND RETURNS POLICY
- By the very nature of our products, mostly being specifically ordered and cut to a customers individual sizes and taste we do not accept returns or cancellations.
- Once an order is placed the ordering process is set in motion to provide good and timely service, this involves specific ordering/cutting to the specific size and taste of each customer and an order cannot be cancelled from this point – this includes our own ‘in house ‘ roll stocks.
- If a product is found to be faulty in manufacture we will instigate a thorough complaints procedure via the manufacturer and subject to their confirmation of a manufacturing defect we will either offer a replacement to the same quality and value or a monetary allowance to retain the product in situ. We will not refund.
- For boxed products such as laminated flooring, hardwood flooring or LVT (luxury vinyl tiles) & carpet tiles, we will refund the value of each full and unopened box only.
- Please note that this only applies in the cases that we have extremely rarely over ordered or measured incorrectly.
- If a client has over or under ordered to their own dimensions/sizes given then we cannot accept any returns of excess or indeed, short ordered products.
- We require a minimum 50% deposit on placement of all orders .
- The balance is payable on satisfactory completion of works, ideally to the installer before leaving the property.
- All deposits over £ 500.00 are protected but for deposits over £ 500.00 we recommend payment by credit card.
- We accept all major credit cards, debit cards, payment can be transferred directly by internet banking or BACS or alternatively in store by cash or cheque.
- Where commercial credit terms have been granted:
- All invoices must be paid within the agreed terms
- Where unpaid invoices remain outstanding on the account:
- We reserve the right to suspend further work
- We reserve the right to exercise our statutory right to claim interest and compensation under the Late Payment legislation
- We reserve the right to add reasonable debt recovery costs to the account
- We reserve the right to pass the debt for recovery to a third party agency
RETENTION OF TITLE
- The goods shall remain the property of Southport Carpet Centre Limited until paid in full.